Nowadays many of us are facing this Instagram error, “Add post to your story ” option missing on Instagram when we try to share our, as well as others, post to Instagram stories.
Why can’t I share posts to my Instagram story?
The answer to this is easy, whether it is your fault or it is Instagram’s lag or glitch. So, after reading this article you can solve both the issues easily whether it is our fault or of Instagram.
How to fix add post to your story feature on Instagram?
There are a number of ways that can help in resolving this error. Let’s take a look at them one by one –
1. Scroll down your sharing list on Instagram –
Sometimes, due to Instagram lag our add post to story button doesn’t show at the top of sharing list instead it could be found at the bottom of the list. Follow the steps –
- Tap on the arrow icon below any Instagram post.
- You can see the sharing list popped up, scroll down to the bottom of that list.
- There you can see that the add post to your story button is available at the bottom.
2. Update your Instagram App –
Updating the Instagram app can help to resolve many Instagram errors because many things were changed in Instagram after an update, so it might be a reason for this glitch.
- Just go to the app store or play store.
- Search for Instagram application there.
- If you can see the update option there, just update your IG app.
- Check whether this resolves your Instagram error.
3. Reinstall your Instagram app –
Sometimes reinstalling the app helps in resolving many errors that we were facing. Follow my steps to get it done-
- Simply, hold a tap on the Instagram icon on your phone screen.
- There you can see the uninstall option, tap on that option to uninstall Instagram.
- Now go to the app store and again install the app.
Now check whether your problem is solved or not.
4. Use another Device –
Another thing we can check is that, either we are facing this problem because of the Instagram app’s lag or because of our device’s fault.
- Log out of the Instagram app from the device you are using currently.
- And try logging in to Instagram with another device.
- This might help in resolving your Instagram error.
5. Confirm whether the post is sharable or not-
Sometimes there is no lag or fault, the person who has uploaded the post has not enabled the resharing option because of their privacy issues.
- Contact that person and ask him to enable the resharing option from settings.
- After he/she enable that option, you can see the add post to your story option.
6 . SURE SHOT WAY TO SOLVE THIS ERROR 100 %
Now, after a lot of research, I brought to you a 100 % working solution for this Instagram error. This trick is working for all of us. Let me tell you how to solve this Instagram error of unable to share posts to your stories.
Follow my simple steps to solve this error –
- Uninstall your current Instagram app
- Now Download the Instagram app from the link
- Now install it and log in it with your details.
- And you see ..there is no error now. You can easily share any post with your story.
If you still didn’t get this error solved – Simply follow the steps shown in the given video-
Subscribe to my channel on youtube and press the bell icon to get the updates of daily videos related to Instagram errors and tricks – TECHNOGAMING
If you have any problems regarding this solution, let me know in the comment section OR contact us directly.